Monday, November 7, 2011

Hope

Today, things seemed to be little on the stressful side. We woke up happy to Aiden at 5:30 am talking to us. Then as Derek was leaving for work we got some bad news regarding our finances. It comes at a bad time when just last week, we were informed that Derek might have to go on unemployment soon. Then thoughts started swirling in my head. If we are having financial troubles now with the size of family we have, how much more difficult will it be when Emily arrives. We started talking about me seriously going back to work but after calculating the expense of daycare for 2 babies, I will have to find a great paying job. I did have an interview a week or so ago at a doctor's office. We talked about my pregnancy plans and when I could start so maybe that will work out. I just feel that God wants me to be at home but I'll have to wait and see what He has planned for our family.

After having all of these thoughts race through my head, I started feeling very stressed and overwhelmed. I felt like I needed to fix things. How could I do the will of the Lord and help my husband with income? I then heard the words, "I need to turn to God for guidance and understanding." I felt the inner peace of the Holy Spirit reminding me to be still and know that my Father will handle this situation. He has always provided us with our needs. He has chosen our family to be the size that it is for a reason. We may have had to cut back on wants and at first it was hard, but we have never gone without a meal. We have all that we could ask for. We have a wonderful home and a loving environment for our children to grow up in. 

I feel so blessed to have my Savior in control of all of our situations.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

I know that no matter what happens in the future, God will continue to love and provide us with our needs because we are His children. I know that there will be hard times ahead, especially in this unstable economy and that we are blessed to have what we have. I trust God with all of my heart and I know that He has a path for our family to follow. I just need let go and let Him take full control. I need to worry about the responsibilities that He entrusted to me, which is being a great mom to my kids and a wonderful helpmeet to my husband. I will spend my day today with the love of God in my heart. I will pray more today, not because of this hardship but with the song of praise for all of the things that He has blessed our family with. To God alone be the glory! Amen.


But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
(1 Corinthians 2:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment