Tuesday, November 22, 2011

God is SO very good...

It has been such an amazing last couple of days. God has truly showed us that He is always there and has a plan for everything. On Sunday, my best friend's husband showed up at our house with a dryer. He said a co-worker had an extra one and just wanted to get rid of it so he brought it to us FREE of charge. Then today, I checked the mail and an unexpected financial blessing was in our mail box. I was able to get the groceries we needed and get our internet back up and running!! Yay! I am so grateful for my loving God who takes care of all of our needs. Being a child of God is the best thing EVER. Just when things look like they can't possibly get worse, God has a plan and puts it into action when you don't expect it.

"The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." ~ Psalm 28:7

I am so thankful for all of your thoughts and prayers during these last few weeks. I am so very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. Let us all give thanks for the special people we have in our lives.

I've learned so much about patience and waiting for God's timing through these last couple of weeks. It doesn't matter what I want to happen, God has a time and a place for everything and if we just let go..completely let go, God will handle everything in His perfect timing. Giving up control is hard sometimes but how can I expect my Lord to take care of things when I'm not willing to just let go...point taken and lesson learned. I'm living on God's schedule from now on. Life is so much sweeter that way.

Tomorrow will be busy for us. I'm going to try to make pumpkin bars and some other things for Thanksgiving. We will be visiting family that won't be there for dinner on Thursday so I might not blog tomorrow but I will try. If my pumpkin bars turn out good (I've never made them before), I will post pics and the recipe.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Praise God

No comments:

Post a Comment