Friday, August 16, 2013

Simplifying things...

To simplify all aspects of our home.

A few weeks ago, I deleted my Facebook account trying to simplify my time. I want to spend more time on things that truly matter more than catching up on FB drama. That was SO freeing.

This week, I am going through each room with the goal to clean out the clutter. Toys, clothes, shoes, knick-knacks, ect....it's gotta go if we don't use it. I don't want to spend all of my time cleaning either. I want to enjoy my little farm and the blessings God has given us.

I tend to hoard clothes, anyone who knows me know I have too many clothes. Now being pregnant 3 of the last 4 years, I do have a wide variety of sizes and I do plan to keep a few items from each pile since I am currently changing sizes at a rapid pace. But my main goal is if we don't generally use it, we need to lose it. 

I'm hoping to take on a room a day. I plan on starting with my closet first on Day 1 (eek). 

I believe it is important for us to teach our children about how having too much stuff can be harmful. It can give us an attitude of always needing the newest, the best. Don't get me wrong, we all like to have nice things but if we let our shopping habits run wild, we soon become used to getting what we want, when we want it. My children are with me every day, all day. I am their biggest influence and they watch my behavior as well as listen to what I have to say. If I tell them to appreciate all they have and how it is better to give than receive but they SEE me buying whatever I want and not giving back, they soon will follow my example instead of hearing my words.

So this next week is going to be about de-cluttering our lives by de-cluttering our time and our home!! Keep checking back for an update on our progress :)

 
“The wise woman builds her house,
but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.”
Proverbs 14:1

Your sister in Christ,
Kristina

Baby Update : Almost 16 weeks!! We find out what we are having in 4 weeks. It is such an exciting time :) I've been feeling great lately and am hoping to feel our baby's first movements any day now!!  

1 comment:

  1. Just in reading a few posts of yours, we seem to have a few things in common. :) You are ahead of me in that you are a couple years older and have more children than I, but we both have deleted our Facebooks and this current post is exactly what we've been going through! Simplifying is something I have been wanting to do, but was so overwhelmed with all the unnecessary junk. I prayed about it and God answered in a unique way--moving us from a 1400+ sq ft house to a 35-36 ft RV! We had no excuse but to simplify! I am very grateful for how God answered prayers and am enjoying a much free-er life! You deserve extra points for simplifying WHILE pregnant! It was hard enough for me and I was neither pregnant nor nursing (due to low milk supply) I will pray that you have the energy to accomplish all of this :)

    ReplyDelete