Thursday, November 17, 2011

Encouragement for today..

We woke up fairly early and I'm not sure if it was the fact that I had to carry loads of laundry out to our van or pregnancy hormones raging today, but I was cranky this morning. It didn't take long for the Holy Spirit to remind me that my attitude in the morning affects my whole day. I soon felt better after being thankful for all the things that did go right this morning. Aiden slept great and that is something to be thankful for!!! I have about 5 loads of laundry to do today at my in-laws so I'll be busy with that the first half of the day. I've been feeling so tired and just plain drained lately. My belly is getting bigger and Aiden is getting heavier. I'm so glad he's starting to walk so by the time Emily comes, I will only have 1 baby to carry.

It's just seems that everything is happening at once. Between our financial woes and things breaking down..I feel like breaking down. And then, I look at my smiley Aiden and just know that none of that stuff matters. What truly matters is that I am a great mommy, a great wife, and a great daughter to my Father in Heaven.

"But thanks be to God! He gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57)

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I am planning on posting all the things I am grateful for on my fridge and telling my family and friends how thankful and grateful I am for their love, support, and encouragement. We all have down days but it is important to remember all the wonderful things and people we do have in our lives. That Jesus died on the cross to save us, He wouldn't want us spending our time down and blue.

"You are the light of the world." (Matthew 5:14)

We must shine bright so others can see our light... 

Be the light in someone else's life today and keep smiling, even though that is easier said then done sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment