Monday, June 10, 2013

Modest Girl/Unmodest World

This week has been so nice here in the Pacific Northwest!!

With warmer temperature and longer days...shorts, tank tops, and sandals become a popular outfit with most women. Unfortunately, their shorts are too short and their tank tops are getter smaller and smaller. 

Don't Stress!! 

I'm here to tell you that there are options for summer that are also modest. 

Bermuda shorts - these are a good option for warm days. They are shorts but with a modest length. 

Thick strap tanked tops - these are a little more appropriate. I feel at least they cover your bra straps (being able to see bra straps is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine, it's tacky). I still would suggest wearing a cami underneath your tank just to add some cleavage-concealing lace to the top. Making sure you're not going to "pop out" of your top of important. 

Summer dresses - GREAT alternative to short skirts. Most summer dresses come in a lighter weight, but concealing material that is perfect for warmer days. They are long and modest but still allow mobility.

There are a lot of great options out there. Don't be afraid to mix and match patterns/colors.

I think, again, the important thing to remember is to honor God with your attire. I know that being 'the modest one" is sometimes hard. I get a lot of comments from friends and family about how I dress. Remember, you're not alone. You might be the only one that you know personally that wants to honor God with your clothing, but there are many of us out there. We need to support and encourage each other.

 "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

What are some modest, summer outfit ideas?
Share your ideas in the comments for other readers!!

May the peace of Jesus be with you dear friends!!

(I'll have Derek take a picture of my outfit when he gets home)

xo,
Kristina


 




6 comments:

  1. I am not really a modest dresser, especially in the summer, because I want to get some sun on my poor translucent and pasty legs, but these are great tips, and if I ever have money again, I plan on buying some bermuda shorts instead of the teeny tiny ones I still have from high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out your local thrift store. You can find alot of modest, summer outfits for a fraction of the cost :) xo Kristina

      Delete
  2. Skirts are cool for summer. The fabric also makes a difference--linen and cotton (woven, not knit) are best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Good tips. Totally agree about how tacky it is to see bra straps. Bugs me even more when they look intentional and not like an accident.

    PS the word is immodest

    ReplyDelete