Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A little stressed...

These last 24 hours have been a roller coaster ride. Last night Aiden, Derek and I got no sleep. Seriously. Aiden had the roughest night he's had in a looong time. He'd fall asleep then wake up crying or whining wanting to be cuddled and sung to. I felt helpless. I tried everything I could and Derek did too. Derek saw how exhausted I was and took over and let me sleep for a few hours. When Aiden woke up this morning from the few hours he did get, he was better.

We are all so tired today. We went out at lunchtime and took Derek a coffee, which I'm sure he needed, and had lunch at my in-laws house. Aiden fell asleep on the way home. He stayed asleep the whole time I carried him from the car to the house. While I took his coat and that off and laid him in bed. It's been a few hours and he is still sleeping. I can't get anything done because I'm afraid to go too far in case he wakes up...and I am so tired myself that I can't bring myself to do any major chores today. The kitchen is clean and laundry is caught up.

Everything else can wait until tomorrow.

This whole experience has me a little worried about how I'm going to manage things once Emily gets here...I pray that once she does get here, I will have a routine down where things won't be overwhelming. I'm glad that Derek is helpful and supportive. He's a great husband :)

In the next few days, we will be receiving some news about what is going to happen with work. Things are just so slow this time of year, please pray for us. I know that God has a plan and I'm leaning on Him to provide us with our needs. He has a perfect time and place for everything and I'm learning more and more each day to trust in Him and not to stress out. Sometime I have better days than others at it, I ask for help and guidance each day. I feel so unsure of where our path is taking us but as long as God is in control, which He ALWAYS is, I know that everything will be ok in the end. Life is an adventure...I wonder where this adventure will take us...

Well I really need to either nap or do a few overdue chores before Aiden wakes up, which will be any moment now.

“Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.”
 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment