Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Did you know...

My job as a Christian is to love God with all of my heart, to love my neighbor as myself, and to let others know that Jesus was born, He lived a perfect life, He died for our sins, He rose from the dead, ascended into Heaven and He IS coming again!!!

I'm not good at doing this...it's uncomfortable for me to talk to unbelievers about God. They get nervous and then usually shut down on me or give me a death stare. I'm not a fan and never have been a fan of rejection. So instead of talking to them...I don't. This is not good!!!!!

No more!!! 

I am so proud to be a follower of Jesus and I need to be confident in my faith and my love for Him. I need to stand firm on His truth and tell everyone about the love of Christ!! 

He is coming soon!! You either go to Heaven to be with our Father or you go to hell.
 
You either know Jesus or you don't. 

"Well, I'm a good person" or "I pray when times are tough" doesn't get you into Heaven. You MUST know Jesus personally as your Lord and Savior. 

"Work hard to enter the narrow door to God’s Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail. When the master of the house has locked the door, it will be too late. You will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Lord, open the door for us!’ But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’ And note this: Some who seem least important now will be the greatest then, and some who are the greatest now will be least important then." (Luke 13:24, 25, 30 NLT)

If you know Jesus, you will want to do good because Jesus is good. But doing good alone will not grant you access into heaven!!

"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." (Ephesians 2:8-10 NLT)

God loves you!! He wants a personal relationship with you. Jesus has not come back yet because He wants His message to be heard!! But don't mistake, He IS coming back!!

 "For the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air." Matthew 24:4,5 : "And Jesus answered and said to them, "Take heed that no one deceives you, for many will come in my name, saying, "I am the Christ", and will deceive many." (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17)

"I've sinned" or "God doesn't love me" are statements many unbelievers say. But guess what....GOD FORGIVES!!! You must accept what He promises in scripture! He desires we all receive the rewards of salvation. Murderers, thieves, liars, addicts, all sinners: Jesus wants us all to ask for forgiveness and to have a personal relationship with Him.

When Jesus died on the cross, he took with Him every sin that we have or ever will commit. In His crucifixion, He defeated sin and the death that sin brings. He did that for us so that sins may be forgiven. He is infinite in His mercy and forgiveness!!

Jesus forgave Peter after Peter denied Him three times.
"Meanwhile, Peter was below in the courtyard. One of the servant girls who worked for the high priest noticed Peter warming himself at the fire. She looked at him closely and then said, "You were one of those with Jesus, the Nazarene." Peter denied it. "I don't know what you're talking about," he said, and he went out into the entryway. Just then, a rooster crowed. The servant girl saw him standing there and began telling the others, "That man is definitely one of them!" Peter denied it again. A little later some other bystanders began saying to Peter, "You must be one of them because you are from Galilee." Peter said, "I swear by God, I don't know this man you're talking about." And immediately the rooster crowed the second time. Suddenly, Jesus' words flashed through Peter's mind: "Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times." And he broke down and cried." (Mark 14:66-72)      

Jesus forgave Paul (then Saul), who killed Christians before becoming one himself.
"They dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. The official witnesses took off their coats and laid them at the feet of a young man named Saul. And as they stoned him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." And he fell to his knees, shouting, "Lord, don't charge them with this sin!" And with that, he died." (Acts 7:58-60)   

Jesus forgave those who crucified Him while on the cross.
"And when they came to the place that is called The Skull, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on his right and one on his left. Jesus said, Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:33-34)

Jesus can forgive you too.
 
Give your life to Jesus and pray this prayer:
"Father, I know that I have sinned. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my sinful life. Please forgive me. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day on. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

I pray that you start reading your Bible daily, if you don't already. Buy a Bible if you don't have one. Find a Bible-based church and start attending or at least find a Bible-based online sermon and start listening. ( I like ghibc.com and marshill.com personally)

Your sister in Christ,
Kristina





 

 

1 comment: