Sunday, May 5, 2013

Modest Girl/Unmodest World

I'm loving that the weather is starting to warm up. I'm finally able to bring out those summer skirts I've been waiting all winter to wear.

God has blessed the northwest this week with nice weather. It has been so nice, we've spent most of our days outside. The kids pretty much wake up pointing out the window (smile). It makes for busy days and easy nights. They wear themselves out enough to wave the white flag of defeat come bedtime.

One of my favorite summer skirts is my longer, khaki skirt. I have multiple khaki skirts but I prefer one over the others. I usually pair it with a variety of brightly-colored shirts as seen in my picture. I love it because it's a great, modest length, a lighter material, and farm-chore friendly. It goes with almost every shirt I own, making it a valuable piece to my wardrobe.

If you are thinking of wearing skirts, the easiest skirts to start with are a longer, khaki skirt or a longer, jean skirt. They are solid-colored, so pretty much any shirt matches. They can be paired with heels, flats, sandals etc. The best part is they are easy to find secondhand. (Yay!!!)

The important thing to remember when choosing any piece of clothing is: who you are trying to please in buying this item?....the world?....or God?

“God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you" (1 Peter 5:5-6 )

My next Modest Girl/Unmodest World post will feature an outfit with me wearing jeans, a few modesty tips to remember while shopping for swim wear, plus more. Check back next Monday for that!!

But until then....I'm going to focus this week's blog topics on the benefits of raising free-range chickens, having church at home, and an update on our family.

"Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." (Ephesians 6:7)

May the peace of Jesus be with you on this day!!

xo,
Kristina



In my picture I'm wearing:
• shirt - Maurice's (hand-me-down)
• cami (hard to see) - Walmart
• khaki skirt - thrift store
• shoes - Maurice's (bought used)

No comments:

Post a Comment