Monday, January 14, 2013

Starting over....

I call this post starting over for more reasons than I can explain....
I'm not only starting this blog over but my life as well.
I want this blog to be a place where I can put my thoughts and goals as well as a place where my friends can talk to me about anything. I want to focus on a few topics such as family, faith, finances, being a wife, and being a stay-at-home mom.

I've lived in WA my whole life. I wasn't raised in a Christian home but longed for God at an early age. I went looking for a sense of belonging. I fell in love with Jesus and asked him to come into my heart shortly after. I attended church all through childhood and into my teens. It wasn't until high school that I strayed away from God. I wanted to fit in with my peers more than I wanted to followJesus. I strayed so far away that by my 17th birthday, I was 7 months pregnant. By 19, I was married and found out that my son had autism. That shook my small world. My then husband and I argued about everything and thought the only rational thing we could do is have another baby?! I gave birth to a daughter as well as getting a divorce by 22. I worked alot and couldn't afford daycare so my daughter moved in with my ex. My son, however, did not know how to handle such an extreme change in his routine. He cried and cried. We went and stayed with my parents, where he seemed to drastically calm down. It was then that I made the decision that my son was better off with my parents than with me. That was and still is the hardest decision of my life. It still is a difficult subject and was the cause of years of depression.

God heard my heart breaking and knew I needed change because He had me cross paths with my childhood crush, who has changed my life incredibly.

Together, Derek and I have decided to follow Christ and look to Him for guidance. We've been blessed with a wonderful marriage, buying a house, starting our own construction company as well as 2 more children, who happen to be 15 months apart. I also gave up my career at the hospital to be a stay-at-home mom.

We see my older son (now 10) often and my older daughter (now 6) comes over every other week.

We are continually growing as people and as Christians. These blogs are the stories of my life. My true life. My life of raising littles....

Kristina

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Kristina, I don't know too much more about you but I had no idea you had gone through so much. You're a very strong amazing woman and mommy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story. Life is sometimes so very difficult but you are now following God. Blessings to you and Derek and all the children.

    ReplyDelete