Friday, January 25, 2013

Cleaning up...


Cleaning up...

I've been on this power purge to de-clutter our home. It started out just cleaning up clutter around the house. As the years have gone by, clutter just seems to have accumulated in every corner of our house. As the clutter disappeared into "Goodwill" boxes, I started realizing that this was more than just a "spring cleaning" of our house, it was a life cleansing. God was using this process of de-cluttering our home to open our eyes to the junk in our lives.

We fill our lives with meaningless junk just as we fill our homes with clutter!!

~Constantly checking Facebook for updates
~Talking on the phone for hours while chores/children wait patiently
~Reading book after meaningless book but never touching the Bible
~The list goes on and on....

I'm guilty!! Ouch...it hurts to say that I have done everyone of those things and more. I read blogs more than my Bible at times. I check Facebook too much. I talk on the phone while my children play instead of playing along with them..

So as I continue on with the power purge to get rid of the excess in my home, I take that challenge for my life. I will power purge the excess in my life. I will spend more time reading His Word and enjoying His blessings and less time keeping up with online gossip.

I challenge you as well.

Now, this doesn't mean never check Facebook again (I know I still will), but let's check it less often. Maybe set time limits to when/how often we check it. Let's read the Bible as well as our favorite blogs/books. Afterall, the Bible is God's Blog/Book directly to us. It should be the most important post/book we read all day!!

Keep up the good cleaning, both in your homes and your lives!!

God bless,
Kristina



No comments:

Post a Comment