Friday, May 10, 2013

When sickness strikes...

"There is no greater profession that requires great sacrifice and servanthood than that of being a mother.” ~Carolyn Mahaney

Yesterday morning, my Aiden woke up with the sniffles. Unfortunately, he does not do sickness well. Aiden has limited language so he can't tell us what hurts, nor does he understand when we try to explain to him why his nose is stuffed up. 

It's hard on us all physically and emotionally. Aiden tends to wake up multiple times a night when he's not feeling well. Sometimes, it's easy to lay him back down...other nights, it's not. Sleep becomes a brief thought, then a memory as morning comes and the others wake up. 

I know many of my mommy friends have just gone through this or are dealing with sick littles now. Please, know that you're not alone. I'm tired too momma!!! Soon, our littles will be better and this too will be a memory. Stay strong, get rest when you can, and cry out to Jesus!! He's right there with you holding you as you comfort your baby. 

It's in those tired, late night hours that I need Jesus the most to help get me to the next day!!! 

I am grateful for the rest breaks that Jesus brought my household last night. I was able to get sleep in between kids waking up. Today looks like more of the same as Emily has it now too...

I'm definately grateful for coffee :)

"Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me." (Psalm 30:2)

xo,
Kristina 

1 comment:

  1. aw, hope he feels better soon. my 4yr old son is sick too. Right there with you on the lack of sleep. Thanks for the encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete