Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Forgetting...

We all have those days where we get down. We go from being the happy, upbeat mom/wife who has control of her routine to the stressed-out mom who turns impatient.

Wait, didn't we just choose joy a few post back?! Here's the link to that post

Sometimes, we forget. Forget to be grateful for all that we have. We let the devil creep into our thoughts and plant the seeds of discontent. 

It's hard, especially now, in the age of technology. We get connected and scroll through the pictures of others' so-called "perfect" lives. We covet what others have, whether it be their routines or their possessions. We stop focusing on what's going on in our lives. 

COME BACK!!  You are where God wants you to be. 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

I know I get in a rut at times. Between farm chores, house chores, co-owning a business, being a happy, loving wife, and raising children....when is it MY turn?!?!?! 
God quickly brings me back, reminding me that I am doing His work by raising His followers and being a helpmeet to my husband. What an amazing honor!! 

I pray we choose joy again today. Let us together reflect on God’s wonderful blessings and sing praises unto God. May we offer God the sacrifice of joy. May we always choose to keep our eyes on Him. 

"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." (Psalm 28:7)

Being joyful is a choice you must choose daily!! I find that talking to God and reading my Bible is important for me to do as soon as I wake up. It gives me the chance to start my day the right way. My day just goes better when I choose to obey God before I ever get out of bed.

Remember the hardships you are going through will pass in God's perfect timing. Some hardships are a must in order for us to receive the blessing that God has in store for us. Don't give up!!

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away. A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak. A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace." (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)

Please let me know how I can pray for you. You're not alone. 

Your sister in Christ,
Kristina 




No comments:

Post a Comment