Friday, April 12, 2013

Modest Girl/Unmodest World

Dressing modestly doesn't mean you have wear skirts....

Alot of people think that in order to dress modestly, you must wear skirts 100% of the time. I have researched that topic and have been on both sides.

I have read verses, chatted with friends, and talk to church elders...I've come to the conclusion that as long as we are honoring God with our apparel, pants or skirts is a personal preference and not mandatory for salvation.

Ephesians 2:8 says that it is by GRACE that we are saved, through our faith. The moment you decide that you must "do something" (such as wearing skirts) to get into Heaven, it goes against what the Bible says.

"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it" (Ephesians 2:8, 9 NLT)

Personally, I do like to wear skirts. They make me feel feminine and pretty. But doing farm chores in a skirt is not always doable. In times when I need to, I wear jeans. I think whether you wear pants or skirts exclusively or mix it up from time to time, honoring God is what matters.

We must respect our bodies because they are from God. Through our dress and appearance, we can show the Lord that we know how precious our bodies are.

Revealing clothing, which include short shorts and skirts, tight clothing, and short shirts, can bring on desires and actions that can cause unwanted attention.

"But I say to you that anyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart." (Matthew 5:28 ESV)

"Immodest women are mean women. They like to turn other women's husbands on. That's mean." ~ Lori Alexander

"Let it be the hidden woman of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." (1 Peter 3:4)

Satan wants to take everything we do and make it ugly. Let's show the world we can do everything for His glory...even getting dressed!!

I didn't have Derek take a picture of my outfit this week (oops).....I'll have to post 2 pictures next week. I will however, post a picture of my newest thrift store find (which I LOVE)!!

Have a wonderful weekend :)

May the peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ be with you wherever you go!!!

Kristina




No comments:

Post a Comment