Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Modesty

I'm excited to be working on a new weekly topic that I'm calling Modest Girl/Unmodest World. It's going to feature outfits each week. I try to dress modestly each day and I thought maybe seeing my outfits could inspire others to dress more modest or to try different styles.

Fashion can be fun while still being pleasing to God! I follow Caroline's (themodestmom.com) weekly posts called Modest Mondays. It has helped me think of different outfit ideas and I want to do the same for you.

Caroline has great ideas but she wears the clothes her online boutique sells, which are too expensive for my budget. I get most of my clothes at thrift stores or they are hand-me-downs from friends. Being a stay-at-home mom, I have a pretty strict budget. Buying new clothes for myself is not a priority. I don't need to keep up with the Jones' when I'm busy taking care of a household, doing barn chores, ect. That doesn't mean I don't like to have nice things, it just means I don't get them brand new.

Each week, I'll talk about different verses in the Bible that discuss appearance/clothing and I'll post pictures of outfit ideas.

I hope this weekly series will help me to keep trying new things with my current wardrobe (I don't want to post the same outfit twice) but I also want it to encourage you to think about how you dress.

Look for my first Modest Girl/Unmodest World post this Friday, April 5th.

May the peace of Jesus be with you!!

xo,
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment